Caring for your EuroKera cooktop is a fast, easy and safe process.
Learn all about how to clean a cooktop from the experts at EuroKera, the original glass-ceramic manufacturers. They share tips on caring for and safely cleaning your stove top so it maintains its appearance for years to come.
Figuring out how to clean a cooktop is easy when your cooktop is made with high-performance glass ceramic. EuroKera’s cooking surfaces are a good example. Our materials are highly resistant to the rigors of cooking. Spills, stains and scratches are no match for EuroKera. Your glass-ceramic panel also cools quickly so you can safely clean your cooktop in less time. Tested for quality and many times tougher than regular glass, a Eurokera glass-ceramic cooktop surface is designed to retain its elegant appearance through years of use. Just follow a few simple steps for how to clean a cooktop properly, and your glass-ceramic cooktop will sparkle and shine.
Step-By-Step: How to Clean a Glass-Ceramic Cooktop
Spills and Burned-On Food
- Allow the cooking surface to cool down.
- Use a metal scraper with a clean blade, holding it at a 45-degree angle to remove dried liquids and burned-on food.
- Put a small amount of glass-ceramic cleaner on a damp towel or soft cloth, scrubbing in a circular motion. Add more cleaner if needed, completely removing it all with a clean, damp paper towel.
- Finish with a dry, clean towel to make your cooktop shine.
Everyday Cleaning and Touch-Ups
- Dilute a mild detergent, such as dishwashing liquid, with water, and spray it over the surface.
- Use a soft sponge or a damp towel to clean the cooktop.
- Restore the cooktop’s luster with a soft, dry cloth.
- Before cooking, make sure the bottom of the pan or pot is clean and dry.
- Lift up pots and pans to avoid sliding them across the cooktop surface.
- Remove spilled sugar or syrup without waiting for the surface to cool down. Protect your hand with a pot holder, if necessary.
- Do not use abrasives such as mineral scouring pads, scouring powders, or harsh chemical cleaners on your glass-ceramic cooktop.